Sunday 29 April 2012

Film Evaluation 7/7

7. Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you fell you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

I have learnt a lot from when I started my preliminary task, which was a continuity task which involved the filming and editing of a character opening a door, sitting down, having a conversation from a written script and memorised and the different camera techniques that were used. Such as; 180-degree rule, shot-reverse shot, match on action.


These can be seen with examples below













Here a match on action is seen as the continuity is kept during the "chase" scene at the very beginning of the film.


Here, during the ally scene, the 180-degree rule is kept as the camera stays on the same side and never moves towards the left wall.

Later on in the scene, a shot reverse shot is done between the two characters, which was done to help continuity.

In my opinion, I think I have got overall better at my work on the camera, but mainly at my directing skills and getting what I think what would be the best for the film.


These things that I learnt along the way have been implemented in the film, as can been seen by the screenshot's above, and I think overall, these things have allowed me to make a better opening and a more driven story through camera, software and directing skills that have been learned through the making of this project.


No comments:

Post a Comment